Sunday, March 1, 2009

My first dragon boat experience

I remember when I was first introduced to the sport of dragon boat racing. I was in college when some guy friends invited me to join them and try the sport. They were gracious enough to give me a ride since it was so early in the morning. It was still dark and when the sun appeared I saw myself in the CCP dock. It used to be just coconut trees and lining the now paved Harbour Square. The CCP jogging club was the only group doing aerobics early in the morning. There were only very few teams. I never really took any sport seriously. I played basketball, volleyball, skateboarding, rollerblading, but nothing competitive. Before I knew it I was already training for the first ever women's national dragonboat rowing team. I have no regrets. All the years in dragonboating were very memorable. The competitions here and abroad have contributed much to the passion that I have for the sport and the life that I am living right now. It has become an integral part of the family schedule and advocacy.

Tell me your first dragonboat experience.

Jhoan

No comments:

Post a Comment